Scarlet Hawkfish Gone Barmey

dodge250

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a scarlet hawk that's always swimming when I say the hawkfish has calmed down and for some aparent reason he doesn't feed but he had been in the shop for 2 months and looks fat to me but when I don't say it he still does it and scares my chromis I am getting quite sick of it if no one can solve this problem I will take him back to the store

I have a scarlet hawk that's always swimming when I say the hawkfish has calmed down and for some aparent reason he doesn't feed but he had been in the shop for 2 months and looks fat to me but when I don't say it he still does it and scares my chromis I am getting quite sick of it if no one can solve this problem I will take him back to the store

I'm sorry, not quite sure what you question is?

Scarlet hawks normally feed well and bounce around the tank minding their own business - what is it that scares your chromis?

Seffie x

well he swims around like electric like he has brain disiese and swims right in the shoal and whenever I feed my fish he just lies there motionless uninterested until all the foods gone and starts swimming around again he's nuts I thought they sat on a rock all day waiting for food

well he swims around like electric like he has brain disiese and swims right in the shoal and whenever I feed my fish he just lies there motionless uninterested until all the foods gone and starts swimming around again he's nuts I thought they sat on a rock all day waiting for food

Well, they do scoot about for some of the time but often just sit around watching what's going on - they tend to bounce around the tank for a while, then have a rest - much like me really :lol:

What are you feeding?

Seffie x

:fish:

Mysis brine or krill well he does stop for 5 seconds and he swims around again standing at the surface and sinks again do u know anything about anemones bubbletip because I have a rose anemone which is in good condition but never closes his mouth I feed him every day :good:

do u know anything about anemones bubbletip because I have a rose anemone which is in good condition but never closes his mouth I feed him every day :good:

You should feed at the most, once a week with a small silverside (small little fish) or prawn

Seffie x

:fish:

Best site I know of
http://www.karensroseanemones.com/

IfI get a bigger tank u can be the last person to help me stock the people are iluvtropicalfish buddyboy96 and seffie u lol thanks for the help

anemone going back to normal state cause I fed defrosted prawns lol :good:

Sadly my hawkfish has gone onto the big ocean in the sky :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-( :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

There may be only one reason it wasn't feeding but it was feeding in the shop oh well I will get something else :unsure:

you should really figure out if there is any reason the hawkfish stopped feeding in your tank when it was feeding in the shop. could be something simple or maybe just the stress but no point in wasting money if other fish are gonna die when you add them

you should really figure out if there is any reason the hawkfish stopped feeding in your tank when it was feeding in the shop. could be something simple or maybe just the stress but no point in wasting money if other fish are gonna die when you add them

Adding to that, it is not fair on the fish either if there is something wrong in the tank causing them to die. You really should find out by at least testing the tank.

If there was something wrong with my tank my puffer would stop eating so there is nothing wrong with my tank it was the fish so I am not going to have another hawkfish because of this reason and also if there was somthing wrong my anemone would die my corals would die and my fish would starve guess it's just one of those things sigh

Most reactions

Back