Sand

Fishyfishfish2010

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just bought a 30 gallon tank and i got sand for it i was told to rinse the sand but when i did some of it like bubbled up and is now floating and some of the bubbles are sitting on the bottom on top of the sand will this settle or should i remove this from the rest of the sand or what?

How did you rinse it.

I put mine in a bucket or tub fill to about a third up. Get a hose with a spray attachment spray into the sand and once the bucket is full pour away the water. Keep doing this until the water runs clear. This is how i did my sand(used play sand) and when i put it in the tank i had nothing floating or issues with bubbles in the sand.

i just put water in it but before it overflowed i stopped cuz a bunch of it was floating i did not want to waste the stuff thats floating if i dont have to

You've got to mix it all up in the water and then dump out the floating particles, that's how you get clean sand.

All that floating stuff is dust that is mixed in with the sand, get rid off that as it will make your water cloudy.

Most reactions

Back