Sand Out

cane76

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
i was sick of the sand looking so dirty so i replaced what was left of it with fine natural gravel what do you think?

Attachments

• gravel1.JPG
    gravel1.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 43
  • gravel.JPG
    gravel.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 29
Looks good, but dont rays prefer sand -_-
What volums is that tank?
what've you got in it?

Mikey

the ray is fine with it she can still bury herself and blow for food.im sure i was getting those dodgy pockets under the sand.one day my readings are perfect the next day its like my tank is not even cycled.i think the ray must of been digging into these pockets and causing the problems.make sense?
tanks 100g the ray and catfish share with a 19" fire eel and a foot long clown knife

Lovely tank :good:
i love the simplistic design, i personally dont like tank that are filled to the brim with things that arent nessisary...
if they are...like mbuna tanks, then that fair enough.

i like to offer as much floor space as i can for my ray and also its so much easier to keep clean like this.these fish i keep are very messy

With a ray, you would never get anaerobic pockets, they move the sand around enough!!

It looks the same in the pics! Good job

yea but i had the sand 6months before i got the ray maybe the pockets were allready there.

great tank & fish cane. I really like your ray. Can we get pics of the other fish & more close ups?

Josh

heres a close up i like of the ray.will try to get the others later when i feed em

Attachments

• newray.JPG
    newray.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 26
you just mix up the sand to release the pockets before you put the ray in, but nvm now!

Lovely ray!

this is as much of a close up i can get of the clown knife.taken a few weeks back

Attachments

• ck_post.JPG
    ck_post.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 38

Most reactions

Back