Sand Help ?

Munchiebox

Reaction score
ok guys noob here so be gentle :p I bought some sand/gravel from pets at home and got home gave it a wash and it looks like mud lol is this just normal and should i let it dry before adding it to the tank.

40963910.jpg

You shouldn't have to wait but maybe give it another good wash just to make sure that there is no dusty water once you have added it to the tank :) :) Obviously unless they've told you to leave it ????

Thanks for the reply going to give it another wash, i was just wondering as everyone else's sand looks amazing.

It will probably look lighter under your tank lights...mine looks dark outside of the tank

i must have washed mine 10 times , and then i felt conned by the lfs / i didnt do my research properly , £5 for a small bag when i cold have had 15kg for £3 by buying playsand , oh well , live and learn ....

I changed to sand last week and !a!r!g - I was washing it for sooo long felt like hours. There was no clouding during the fill so it was worth it.

It was really stodgy like in your picture but as FishFanatic said it does until it goes in and the water smoothed it out.

Most reactions

Back