samurai fighting fish

AaronPenfound said:
Well i think they have been given the nickname siamease fighters because in places like japan or china they stick two males in a tank an fight them to the death and people can put bets on which one will win! abit like cock fighting and all that sorta stuff!
bettas originate in thailand (formerly known as siam). they can also be found in neighboring countries like laos, malaysia and vietnam. bettas were brought to japan and china after the fact. bettas are usually not fought to the death. while deaths can happen with overly aggressive fish, usually the loser will back off and the fight will be over. the fish are treated for injuries, winner is retired and bred, loser will be either let go or kept as a pet.

holy old post batman! :lol:

damian, it's hard to say whether or not a betta could live in your tank without knowing what other fish you have or what size tank it is. if you told us that, then we'd be able to inform you better :nod:

although you might want to go on ahead and start your own topic ;) questions about stocking are generally individual enough that you don't have to use old topics to ask them.

damian, it's hard to say whether or not a betta could live in your tank without knowing what other fish you have or what size tank it is. if you told us that, then we'd be able to inform you better :nod:

although you might want to go on ahead and start your own topic ;) questions about stocking are generally individual enough that you don't have to use old topics to ask them.
mu dad calls them japanese fighting fish i ve heard them called long finned shark because there bite is as power ful as a shark ive heard (pound for pound)

mu dad calls them japanese fighting fish i ve heard them called long finned shark because there bite is as power ful as a shark ive heard (pound for pound)

:gasp: Noo, I've had one viciously attack my hand, though it was food. :wub: Then it proceeded to attack the snail. What dears.

Most reactions

Back