Saltwater Or Stay Tropical?

thank you!

My mom had a tank for a while and so i would be getting help from her if i got a saltwater...and she was very successful with her tank and i don't think she ever really had problems...lucky her! But I'm not sure ill be able to make my current fw tank to sw because its only a ten gallon :( my birthday present was a bigger tank, either saltwater or freshwater. im waiting until we move to get one and establish it. it has been 6 months and im still clueless as to whether i want a saltwater or freshwater :rolleyes: But ill be getting it pretty much as soon as we move in to a new house within the next few months...

One of the reasons im thinking about a saltwater is because i went through a lot of tough spots in my tank where i had parasites/sickness streaks...so basically i own the whole store's inventory on fish medication chemicals...haha jk :)

I love saltwater because there is a huge variety of beautiful fish you can choose from, but i haven't really seen any other freshwater fish other than the ones that are in my LFS and those are just the basic guppies and mollies...which i absolutely love..but for a 75 gallon they seem awefully small :/

Ah seems a shame your LFS isnt that great, one thing to bear in mind is that saltwater fishes are more fragile than most freshwater and there is things you need to consider like, you need RO water and a refractometer to maintain salt levels

You could in fact use that 10 gallon, ive seen many nano reefs, with fish like firefish etc

my LFSs are petsmart and petco...i don't know of any other fish stores nearby but i think there is one an hour or so away..never been to it...but i think it just focuses on fish and not other animals..maybe that would be better? but i wont be keeping two tanks for myself...my little sister is very very excited to inherit my tank, especially because it is already 3 years old and she wont need to cycle it :) i think i would love any tank that i had; but ive recently been getting into wanting to breed fish more...and there is a place that will take my freshwater fry, but i dont know about saltwater :/ are saltwater fish, like the percula or blue tang, difficult to breed?

Most reactions

Back