Sajicas Breeding Tips

glolite

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi guys
Haven't been on the forums for quite a while now but I've recently been moving a few fish around and re-jigging my tanks. I have a pair of sajicas in a 180 litre but although they have been together for around 18 months they don't seem to be breeding. I'm pretty sure the female has laid a couple of batches of eggs but suspect the Indian loaches in the tank have eaten the eggs. I can move the loaches and also the red-finned shark in there but this would leave the sajicas on their own. Are they best alone to breed or should they have other fish too?
Hope this makes sense and that someone has some ideas.

well without other fish in the tank, this removes chances of predation of the eggs and fry, as well as gives the parents more time to fan, clean and in general tend to the eggs/fry so it should give the young ones a better chance in the world. If you can, def give them their own tank.

Ox :good:

Thanks for the reply, I'll get moving loaches and shark tonight! If any baby sajicas result will post pics.

I have a pair of sajica and it took them a long time to get it right. Several batches of eggs were eaten before I had any success.

Most reactions

Back