Safe, Non Toxic Way To Remove Paint From Glass?

Rorie

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My aquarium has a painted white background. But its chipped off in places, and i want to try something new.

So how do i get the paint off the aquarium without scrapping which will obviously be dangerous due to scratching potential, or using white spirits or what ever, which will put toxic fumes into the air for both the fish and my parrots to worry about.

Any trade secrets?

Honestly, you should scrape it off with a razor. As long as you don't take the corner of the blade to the glass, you should be fine.

28-510_2_rgb_4.jpg

I will give this a try, but not sure how to do it yet as its obviously pretty close to the wall! A big stick i think!

paint stripper? :eek: bit of white spirit wont kill anything and the parrots might like getting high :> i know if i was a parrot stuck indoors all day long i'd welcome it :D

paint stripper? :eek: bit of white spirit wont kill anything and the parrots might like getting high :> i know if i was a parrot stuck indoors all day long i'd welcome it :D

Paint stripper is white spirit in a lot of cases......

Parrots have extremely sensitive respiratory systems - we cannot have candles, air fresheners, non-stick pans, the list goes on! It is well documented that these are fatal to parrots and other birds! So no, i'm not sure you would appreciate it if you were a parrot! Unless you were suicidal of course!

Most reactions

Back