Sad To See My Spade Tail Go :(

Terri_84

Reaction score
I've had my male Spade Tail Betta for almost a year now, after being sold him as a female!! But the iridescent world of clown fish, anemones and all things marine has become too much so we have decided to slowly but surely switch over... meaning I need to find him a new home! :(

I want him to go to the best home possible as well as having the easiest transition, we are based in Bournemouth and i'm slightly nervous that no one in the area will be able to take him on. Do any of you guys know anything about posting fish? I'm 99.9% against doing it as it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen - has anyone had any good experiences with this??

If any of you guys are interested he's in the classified section. Here's a pic... My last chance to show him off! ;)

100_1348.jpg

Thanks,
Terri

I've had a few fish via post and not one floating on me yet thankfully! They normally arrive in a poly transport box inside a cardboard box lined with bubble wrap and crumpled-up newspaper for insulation. I would always double bag for safety and at the same time ask the sender to use a bag buddy and heat pack wrapped in newspaper!

Bag buddies help to slightly sedate the fish, oxygenate the water and help keep down ammonia etc. The trick as always is more air than water and make sure you starve for 24 hours before posting, which obviously helps with not polluting the water as much.

I would also say make SURE you clearly mark the box alive inside, fragile, please keep warm, this way up etc just for peace of mind!

I may well be interested in having him off you too, stunning fish!

Oo sounds do-able but scary. Is it expensive to do as you outlined?

I may consider it as a last resort but going to see how things go first, i'd be on tenterhooks waiting for him to get there!

I would think most of the stuff your local LFS could provide for a very small fee, bags, poly box, cardboard box and bag buddie. The heatpacks can be picked up for about £2 if you look around. Almost 90% of people have some old newspapers lying around and bubble wrap is pence! Most of the cost involved is the postage, Royal Mail Special Delivery before 1PM would be the BEST option so approx £5 / £6?

why not just buy him a 2 and a half gallon tank with heater and filter? shouldn't be too expensive, and you wont have to part with him.. ::shrugs::

Because in the UK, petshops won't sell anything as small as a 2.5 gal for a Betta, it's too small for a betta to start with :good:

They need a good min of 15ltrs

i have mailed you ! would love to give him a home in the hamworthy poole area :D

Most reactions

Back