Reaction score
Fish Type: Royal Panaque Pleco
Quantity for sale: 1
Reason for Sale: Relocation
Delivery or Collection: Collection
Sales price: £30 ONO
Postage & Packaging: N/A

Photograph: Toby CROPPED.jpg

Due to moving house I am having to get rid of my tank and stock. Most of my fish will be going back to a local aquarium shop but I want to find a good home for Toby my Royal Panaque Pleco.

He (or she) is 9 inches long from nose to tail. I've owned him for about 3-4 years and he (or she) is very outgoing, comes out for his (or her) algae wafers with the aquarium lights still on. Very sad to be parting company with him/her. Hoping to find a nice big tank to retire to.

We have a decent sized polystyrene box with tight fitting lid that can be used for transportation if required but we need the buyer to collect.

hi just wondered if you had any rock with you saying your selling up as im starting a cichlid tank, thought it would be worth asking with you been in east yorks

Sadly can't take the pleco as my tank ain't big enough but I might be interested in some of your other fish. I'm based in York so not to far away really. What else are you getting rid of?

1 angel fish gold marble colouration. He is a proven male. We lost the female last year but we have had live fry from them a couple of times.
9 rummy nose tetras
4 corrys (Sterbai, bronze, albino, paleatus)
1 otto who comes out now and then. We don't see him in ages and think he may be deceased but then he pops up again out of the blue.

If you want any or all of these fish you can take them for free. Not sure if it's worth travelling from York just for these few though.

The tank is for sale too here if you know of anyone who is after one:-
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/364415-aquastyle-980/

You can see the light reflecting off the angelfish in the photo of the tank.

That's amazing. I'll happily take the lot if you're sure! I'm actually struggling to increase my current rummy nose shoal as my LFS has none. I've been literally badgering them for the last three weeks. I also have some corys and ottos that'll keep yours company. Wow, I can't believe my luck. :)

That's amazing. I'll happily take the lot if you're sure! I'm actually struggling to increase my current rummy nose shoal as my LFS has none. I've been literally badgering them for the last three weeks. I also have some corys and ottos that'll keep yours company. Wow, I can't believe my luck. :)

Okay, let me know when you plan to pick them up so I can make sure someone's in.

Can you fetch some way of transporting them as I am keeping the polystyrene box for my Royal Panaque to be transported in as he needs a large container.

They're going to take some catching too as it is quite a large tank and I don't want to drain it until we sell Toby :crazy:

Toby2.jpg

I'm free this Friday evening or early-ish Saturday morning. Next week I'm free Monday and Tuesday night and on strike all day Thursday. I'll bring some new fish bags from my LFS and a couple of nets as I've found two nets work better than one!

Great. If you would like to private message me your address and what time is most convenient for you, I'll see you on Friday! :)

Will pm you.

You may as well take all the food we have too as we will only need the algae wafers for the Royal Panaque after the other fish stock has gone :good:

Just to say thank you to John and his partner. Thank you very much for your warm welcome and lovely fish. They all appear to have survived the journey and are settling in well. The rummy nose are already shoaling with my existing shoal which looks awesome. Good luck with the house move and your other sales.

Thanks for letting us know.

We are pleased they have gone to a good home. They will be missed. Hope the Otto is okay :crazy:

Take care
John

On an aside, we still have his Royal Tobyness for sale.

Toby3.jpg

I was worried after the removal of the other fish and all the chasing round involved with the rummy noses that it may have unsettelled him BUT he still came out last night for his algae wafers as usual.

Any takers?

I will take £25 ONO

We've had him for over 3 years.

I have kept a Royal Panaque in the past and I do know they can be very reserved but Toby is very outgoing. He doesn't hide away up the back of the tank until light out like many do. He (or she) is a bit of a looker too :hey:

We really do want to sell him on this site and know he is going to a suitable sized tank and to someone who knows his (or her) needs.

John

Most reactions

Back