Rope Fish

Tony2099

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can I keep a Rope Fish with affrican Clawed frog and a Oscar. The tank is 58 gallons.

I will be doing a real big tank. Like 300 gallon. I will be move the Oscar ther and maby the Rope fish.

Thank You.

Can I keep a Rope Fish with affrican Clawed frog and a Oscar. The tank is 58 gallons.

I will be doing a real big tank. Like 300 gallon. I will be move the Oscar ther and maby the Rope fish.

Thank You.

It's good you're planning to upgrade to a large tank for the oscar, but there are still some problems.

African Clawed Frogs are best alone in species only tank. I'm suprised the oscar hasn't eaten him yet.

Rope Fish will do well in a 58 gallon, however, they cannot coexist with oscars. They are simply too aggressive for the rope fish.

Is the tank cycled?

The Oscar/the frogs get a long just fine. The frog will be stay in the 58 gallon and the Oscar/Peacock eel will be move to the 300 gallon tank.

Could i keep a bule Lobster with the rope fish in a 48 gallon tank?

The Oscar/the frogs get a long just fine. The frog will be stay in the 58 gallon and the Oscar/Peacock eel will be move to the 300 gallon tank.

Could i keep a bule Lobster with the rope fish in a 48 gallon tank?

Wait, do you have an oscar and a peacock eel? Or planning on getting either one?

Like the frogs, blue lobsters need species only tanks.

The crayfish will injure, terrorzie, or eat any fish in the tank.

I have both in the 58 gallon tank now. And some other fish.

I put 2 bule losbters in my 58 gallon tank and some kill/eat both of them. I think it was the Oscar, Eel or frogs.

I have both in the 58 gallon tank now. And some other fish.

I put 2 bule losbters in my 58 gallon tank and some kill/eat both of them. I think it was the Oscar, Eel or frogs.

If you knew the blue lobsters were eaten and killed by your current stock, why did you ask if they were compatible? :huh:

If you knew the blue lobsters were eaten and killed by your current stock, why did you ask if they were compatible? :huh:
[/quote]

I keep a Bule Loster with the same fish in FL and Dc with Nps. I keep Bule losbter, frogs and Oscar for many years. With out kill or any fighting. So I dont know why It would not work out this time. Maby i was just lucky befo. LOL.

I never had a Bule Losbter kill any fish I keep with. I had one with Angles, Tertas and other fish like that.

I keep a Bule Loster with the same fish in FL and Dc with Nps. I keep Bule losbter, frogs and Oscar for many years. With out kill or any fighting. So I dont know why It would not work out this time. Maby i was just lucky befo. LOL.

I never had a Bule Losbter kill any fish I keep with. I had one with Angles, Tertas and other fish like that.

It's still not advisable. They will attack or kill any fish they can grab.

It's still not advisable. They will attack or kill any fish they can grab.
[/quote]

I do my best to put stuff that will kill or eat each other. But I had that mix for many years and it work. I guss I was play with fire..and this time I got burn. I do fill bad about get the Bule Loster killed.

Thank You for your help.

It all depends on the size of the tank, especially the height. In a 1ft tall tank the blue lobsters will eventually catch most fish but anything over that and you are safe enough. The fish can swim better than them in open water.
I've keep two lobsters and a load of American cichlids for two years now with no problems :)

Would a rope fish eat corydoras?

It might be tempted by smaller specimens being a predator, but the catfish will lock out its pectoral and dorsal spines, inject its poison and almost certainly kill hunter and prey.

Chunky Brochis spp. would be a far safer choice, just ensure they are not bite sized to an existing Ropefish.

Most reactions

Back