Rooting around?

Mr Miagi

Veins are flowing with SW, now going back to FW!
Reaction score
Rootnodules2.jpg

I have asked before, but have recently got a better pic. Can anyone help me identify them? I thought they might be a small colony of bacteria forming nodules. To aid in the plants uptake of nitrogen. What do u think? Am i heading in the right direction?

Thats a bummer then. It only seems to be effecting this plant, and non of my others. Its te last of it i removed today, so ill buy a fresh lot and see if it "Contracts" the same syptoms! :D Cheers anyway!

Anyone else with an idea? A clue or a suggestion? :)

What type of plant is it? Certainly there are plants which have symbiotic relationships with nitrogen fixing bacteria, Rhizobium species are commonly involved. All of the examples I can think of which use this relationship are terrestrial plants however, (peas, beans, vetches, clovers, lupins etc.).

There are other infectious agents which cause plants to make nodules and galls.

At the end of the day, if the "problem" is not spreading to the other plants, and the affected plant is growing, what's to worry about?

Lateral Line said:
At the end of the day, if the "problem" is not spreading to the other plants, and the affected plant is growing, what's to worry about?
Oh no, im not worrying. Its just i wanna know what it is. It doesnt seem to be killing or inhibiting growth so i am just gonna leave it. I just thought someone might have been able to identify the misterious growths! :p

Most reactions

Back