Room temp / Sub-tropical freshwater nano fish?

Seriously Fish's search doesn't seem to work, you need to search for the species you are thinking about.

I have looked up your tank, a 30 litre Biorb Cube. I'm afraid it's not even 10 gallons; according to their website, it's 8 gallons. Dimensions 12.6 inches long x 12.6 inches wide x 13.6 inches tall (32 x 32 x 34.5 cm)

I cannot think of any fish besides a betta which can be kept in a tank with this volume and dimensions, but bettas need warmer water than room temperature and will eat shrimps.

That's terrible news!

Thanks for the help regardless.

I'm looking at other threads and people seem to be stocking and have a lesser gallon tank than me? I guess they're just putting their fish at risk all for their own selfish wants?

I usually suggest a Betta for a tank your size but as @essjay so correctly pointed out they need a heater. You could just have a shrimp and snail tank. I have one.

I took a lot of advice and ideas from Aquarium co-op by watching stocking ideas on youtube from 5 - 10 gallons and striking out fish that may be unsuitable.

Conflicting info as always! :(

I usually suggest a Betta for a tank your size but as @essjay so correctly pointed out they need a heater. You could just have a shrimp and snail tank. I have one.

Yeah, there are a few Nerite snails that I want and I can't consider which type of shrimp as of yet due to the different colour varients but I'll make a start soon.

There is a lot of misinformation out there, I'm afraid. Seriously Fish is just about the most reliable site there is, so I only use that for research.

Have you considered pygmy sunfish? You could have a pair and they dont need a heater. Elassoma evergladei is one that I have my eye on for a future tank

I've never seen those in the UK. Elassoma were banned at one time but a few years ago some types were permitted. But I can't find out whther the pygmy sunfish is one of those now allowed. But even if they are it doesn't mean anywhere stocks them :unsure:

Most reactions

Back