FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rock Path

• Keep it.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Get rid of it.

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
Keep it! But ... maybe you could improve it a little? Add some smaller stones between the gaps? make it less straight? Maybe even plant some small plants or maybe use moss to make it look more over grown and wild? :eek:

Yeah, I might do that. :) Thanks for the input. 

Oh I like the changes, that's looking really good! It will look great with plants around it. I like the way it curves back behind the rock.

Maybe taper it from front to back to create an illusion of depth, possibly even use gradually smaller stones towards the back so it appears to be fading into the distance?

I'd make it less flat by adding two slopes going down towards the rock path.

Also using something more subtle to tie down the plants would be good.

Haha yeah, I'm going to try fishing line if I can find some. :)

That sounds good.  I'll see what I can do to work on the path. :)

I used fishing line and also put smaller rocks in the path and made it more narrow.  
IMG_0374_zps5402e751.jpg

IMG_0375_zps1b4ab546.jpg

Looking much better already but I'd still add a bit of a slope, doesn't have to be much. 

I know, but my sand is already falling over the rocks how it is. :p  My tank is only a 10 gallon anyway, so it's hard to get a slope going.  

i might give it try... I'll just have to wash some sand first. :p

Is this any better?  If you think my java fern looks bad it's because it's really dried up from being out of the tank. :p
image_zpseed8676d.jpg

That looks really good! I think I may do one in my tank, but then I wouldnt do anything else with hardscape. Great job!

A good tip is to keep the substrate low at the front of the tank while sloping it up towards the back corners. Keep the sand flat and neatly level at the front if possible. The added height at the back will help to increase the perception of depth.

Ok.  As far as other plants, does this seem right?  What do you recommend? 

image_zpsf397369c.jpg

Most reactions

Back