RIP

CraZ4fiSHieS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that while I was gone on vacation, my red female betta and my blue female betta died. :-( I think its cause of my filter breaking cause when I got home after 3 weeks the filter was completely dead and my white female and my purple female are both sick now! The other blue one seems to be just fine though. :rolleyes: The white girl has the same thing my red betta had (popeye or something) and the purple girl has this huge pointed bump on the side of her head. I have isolated them and been treating for the last 5 days with meds, but there has been no improvement. :( I seem to remember it took my red girl over a week to heal so Im not giving up yet, but I have no clue what this bump thing is and what to treat it with cause its nothing Ive ever heard described before! Any advice is apreciated! :thumbs: I dont want to lose any more of my girls!!!! :no: Im so sad I lost the other two. I wont beable to bring myself to buy any more for a little while till I figure out if everythings allright with my tank! :( I'll let ya'll know how things work out for me.

PS: Im treating in a 1 gal tank each (so 2 tanks), water change and medicate every other day with Ampicillex (used for: inflamed eye, white body slime, fin and mouth rot, popeye, columnaris and fungal infections). Sound good or no? :/

Sorry to hear that your betta's are not doing so well. Could you possibly post a pic? This would help in diagnosis. Check the ingredients on the Ampicillex and post them up, this would also help, be able to determine why it's not working and what med probably would.

aaaaw c4f's ,I'm sorry that happened to you

I hope the med's your using do the trick, at least they've survived for 5 days so maybe the meds are doing something

hoping your over the worst and it will all get better :thumbs: , keep us posted

yes my boyfriend was. i dont blame him but he isnt all that attentive and didnt notice anything going on. :(

:-( I'm so sorry about your betta's. :-( I know you are so attached to all your babies. I hope the meds help the other's. Please do keep everyone posted on the recovery.

* box of tissues for you* :-(

Mollymomma said:
* box of tissues for you* :-(
Thankx Mollymomma :-( :thumbs: so far its not looking too great on this popeye situation. but i will keep everyone up to date. keep your fingers crossed! :sad:

is it an over the back filter? if so it is summer and when the power goes out then back on i have to remember to go pour water in the top to get it started, if you dont and it runs dry then can then die. :crazy: if the power went tout while he was at work , then it died and the power came back on, most nomn fish people wouldnt notice the lack of a running filter. sorry about your loss, but keep up with the meeds, if they have lasted so long they might make it.

That's fine ^^ Just haven't seen this person around lately so she might not check these forums anymore.

Most reactions

Back