Rip Poor Baby

Madam Macaw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just checked on the tank to find my newest pleco - two weeks ago - gone. My water parameters are good. I have been a bit worried about him because I haven't seen him eat. Camo, my other pleco would come out no matter day or night for an algae wafer, but not him. Every morning, I would put an algae wafer as close to him as possible and then turn out all of the lights. My fish eat them too, though - so I guess that is the reason they were always gone. Is there anything I could have done to have gotten him to eat? I also tried zucchini and cucumber.

2265489914_221555d1a5.jpg

Rest in Peace Little One

[quote name=''genesis' post='1931391' date='Mar 3 2008, 12:00 PM']r.i.p :-([/quote]

Thank you. He was so very pretty, poor thing. I just feel awful.

Sorry for your loss. Was it the L134 - Leopard Frog who passed away?

Sometimes they just don't settle and there isn't much you could do.

:-(

I just checked on the tank to find my newest pleco - two weeks ago - gone. My water parameters are good. I have been a bit worried about him because I haven't seen him eat. Camo, my other pleco would come out no matter day or night for an algae wafer, but not him. Every morning, I would put an algae wafer as close to him as possible and then turn out all of the lights. My fish eat them too, though - so I guess that is the reason they were always gone. Is there anything I could have done to have gotten him to eat? I also tried zucchini and cucumber.

Rest in Peace Little One

I assume your newest pleco to be the L168. Such a shame, s/he was a real beauty from the pics you've uploaded.

As Camo is an L001, I would say s/he would always be first to the food out of those two in that tank. I had to move an ancistrus out of one my tanks that was being fended off any food by the dominant L001. They can be fairly domineering to confispecies in my experience

Sorry for your loss. Was it the L134 - Leopard Frog who passed away?

Sometimes they just don't settle and there isn't much you could do.

:-(

It was my butterfly pleco. I don't even have the heart to take him off my signature yet. *sigh*

Rest in Peace Little One

I assume your newest pleco to be the L168. Such a shame, s/he was a real beauty from the pics you've uploaded.

As Camo is an L001, I would say s/he would always be first to the food out of those two in that tank. I had to move an ancistrus out of one my tanks that was being fended off any food by the dominant L001. They can be fairly domineering to confispecies in my experience

Camo catches a wiff of it as soon as it lands on the sand normally. He will chomp on it for a while and then share a bit with the others.

Yes, my newest little one was such a gorgeous little thing. It saddens me so much. I am just wondering if there is more I could have done.

Sometimes a fish will "fail to thrive," and the reason will be hard to find. I'm sorry for the loss. It hurts like heck. Gotta have a strong heart to keep fish--or no heart.

Most reactions

Back