Rio 400lt Tank - Got A New Filter

jbatt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I have a Rio 400Lt tank.

I had the internal filter on it for a few years. I tried to remove the filter for a while. Yesturday it just fell off :hyper: :good:

Along with the internal filter, I had the external 305. I could never get rid of tiny floating bits in the water.

Now the inernal filter has come out, I have gone and brought another external filter - UniMax 700 Pro. Specs look pretty good (too me anyway)

Have any of you tried this filter?. I can't find much info on the web about them.

Thanks

James

none whatsoever. I too have looked on the net for you and can't find a thing. I use fluval myself

Holly

They come with a 3 year warranty so at least you have that to fall back on, I also see that it does 1700LPH so even at full capacity you should noticed the difference.
I also notice there is one version with a UV and one without? is it the standard one you have?

none whatsoever. I too have looked on the net for you and can't find a thing. I use fluval myself

Holly

Thanks for looking

I'll upload some photo's and see how it goes. My 305 is a fluval.

I fanced trying something different.

The make of the new filter is aqua

They come with a 3 year warranty so at least you have that to fall back on, I also see that it does 1700LPH so even at full capacity you should noticed the difference.
I also notice there is one version with a UV and one without? is it the standard one you have?

Hi

I decided to get the UV one. Not sure if it was worth it or not.

I have a UV on my pond which I find works really well so decided to get one for the tank filter. However, after reading various topics it appears UV is a waste of time on the tanks - I could be wrong :rolleyes:

James

UV in a tank will prevent green water but also it will kill off any free swimming parasites in the aquarium so it can't be a bad thing to have one,

Overall it looks a pretty good filter IMO

Hi

Thanks for the links.

I've installed the filter and it appears to be working very well.

The filter is alot larger than the 305.
It runs quieter than the 305.
It has two input and two output pipes.
Flooding the filter is so much easier than the 305
I prefer the visual look of the 305 though I like the clear pipes on the new filter.

Over all, I am happy with it. I will follow up in a few days time.

James

Most reactions

Back