Rio 400

i wouldnt buy a Juwel set up personally.

depends on where it was going to be;

upstairs or downstairs?
materials of flooring?
etc

Depends on a few things but generally if its going against a load bearing wall it should be ok unless you are in an old house with rubbish floor boards or one of the horrible cardboard new builds that sometime have narrower joists.

I had mine in an ex council house and never checked the floor boards as there was laminate down when we moved it never fell through lol. I now live in a house thats over 100 years old and its in the kitchen on concrete floor to be on the safe side i doubt the living room floor would have held.

I'd recommend juwel tanks i do have a tetratec ex1200 running along side the juwel filter though as juwel filters are really only suitable for lightly stocked tanks.

I have the vision 180 too running with just the juwel filter no probs.

Emma :)

Will this tank be going on the first floor? Is there a crawlspace or basement underneath were the tank will be sitting?

i wouldnt buy a Juwel set up personally.

depends on where it was going to be;

upstairs or downstairs?
materials of flooring?
etc
Why wouldn't you buy a juwel set up?

i have had bad experience with Juwel.

I agree the tanks they make look neat and tidy but for the price Juwel now charge for a set up is to overpriced its a joke.

I mean, the Rio 400 doesn't even come with an external filter does it?

I think they put T5s in every tank as standard now which caused the price of their tanks to rocket.

I would buy an Aquaone set up as they come with external filter/s and i think they make their tanks out of thicker glass

Thanks everybody for the quick replies. My tank would be in an upstairs room with a wooden floor board floor. My house is also a ex council bought house. I was wondering if I would hve to strengthen the joists .

Thanks everybody for the quick replies. My tank would be in an upstairs room with a wooden floor board floor. My house is also a ex council bought house. I was wondering if I would hve to strengthen the joists .

would need a builder/building surveyor to check

Most reactions

Back