Rewarding Myself To New Aquarium

KirkyArcher

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Well house is now repainted, carpet laid, new light fittings installed, curtain poles put up and new curtains hung, 1970's display unit/drinks cabinet accidently left out in the rain and ruined 
whistling.gif
What to fill the newly acquired space with ??  Yup can just about get a 200 litre Fluval Roma Aquarium set in the gap :)
Thanks to my very LFS http://chiltonaquatics.co.uk/ on a great deal and filter upgrade to 306 external, It actually works out at £14 cheaper than standard supplied U4 filter aquarium and cabinet set price on several online aquatic retailer sites, should be here by Tuesday or Thursday next week. Got a glorious bit of bogwood in soak right now and just ordered several varieties of new plants, Photo's to come as and when things arrive and progress.

Nice! I like the roma, that's the one I was supposed to be picking up today but the sale fell through 
evilmad.gif

Can't wait to see the progress :)

Elrohirthehasty said:
Are you going to plant and make a planted journal?

planting will take place in the tank along with general progress and set up updates :)

Ny82 said:
Nice! I like the roma, that's the one I was supposed to be picking up today but the sale fell through 
evilmad.gif

Can't wait to see the progress
smile.png

thanks Ny82 hope I can remember to update the progress and don't let my enthusiasm to get it up and running take over.

I was going to do this, and then realised that I'd have to dispose of it afterwards.

Stuck the sideboard on ebay for a punt and got £150 for it. Apparently there is a market for 70's retro stuff. Better still someone with a van came and took it away free of charge.

Nice upgrade though, looking forward to seeing what you do with more space.

That's a good reward to yourself! Lots of photos please.

Heh, like the filter upgrade you got. Well worth it. 
good.gif

I've got the smaller Roma 90 Litre. Thought for the money its not too bad. 

Good luck with your set up and post some pics as you get along.

Nice one!
yes.gif

Lets start as I mean to go on then, The bit of wood..

bogwood003_zps81cb8e05.jpg
bogwood002_zpsd6b38e71.jpg
bogwood001_zps8442f382.jpg

has been pressure spray washed, heat soaked twice, and left for 9 days so far hardly any colour has come out :) well i think that's a good thing!

That's the one I'm going for! Look forward to seeing the pics of how it progresses.

What's your intended stocking?

Just shifting stock from my 125 Litre upstairs tank.

That woods a good start, it's a great piece! I would stand it so it looks like an arch :D

Great deal on the filter upgrade! :good:
Love that piece of wood, will look great in your tank I'm sure!
I look forward to seeing the final product :D

Nice! Was just looking at a Roma 300 on offer near me, ex display. Then discovered it was excluding the stand and not in my budget scraping capabilities

Most reactions

Back