Returning to TFF

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Lord of the fish

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just posting to say hi. I joined the forum I think about 10 to 15 year ago when starting out. How time flies.

This site and all you good people was where I gained most of the info I needed as a newbie keeping tropical fish.

I still have the same tank, a 90 litre Fluvial which has always been planted and have rescaped many times over the years but always low tech, other than a couple of short term dabbling with c02.

I have deliberately not restocked my tank with fish as the population has dwindled as I had plans to do a complete overhaul. I am now without any fish and started the cleaning process last weekend after stripping everything down. Over the coming weeks, I will be building a new hood (see my other post) and then starting a new aquascape using quality soil, additives etc and c02 injection. I have bought 75% of what I need already but will be on here much more from now on.

Will no doubt catch some of you along the way

All the best
David

:hi:
looking forward to seeing your progress
Check our our 3 contests.

Excellent ! Guys like you are source of wonder to me. The plants and the fancy substrate and all that. My tanks are as plain as a mud fence. But that's what makes the hobby interesting , everybody is doing something different and we can all learn from each other and pick up on something that will help us. I'm currently in a dim forest setting for my tanks. No lights at all except for an overhead room light. My Java Moss is flourishing and so is my Microsorium Java Fern. The fish seem to like this low light biz and are showing good color and increased activity. I will be watching your posts @Lord of the fish and I hope to see lots of pictures. Very cool that you are building your own hood.

Excellent ! Guys like you are source of wonder to me. The plants and the fancy substrate and all that. My tanks are as plain as a mud fence. But that's what makes the hobby interesting , everybody is doing something different and we can all learn from each other and pick up on something that will help us. I'm currently in a dim forest setting for my tanks. No lights at all except for an overhead room light. My Java Moss is flourishing and so is my Microsorium Java Fern. The fish seem to like this low light biz and are showing good color and increased activity. I will be watching your posts @Lord of the fish and I hope to see lots of pictures. Very cool that you are building your own hood.
Hi

Yeh you're right. Everyone has something different and as long as it give each of us enjoyment, that's all that matters. You just need to look on here at the contest winners. So many different styles. Some not my taste but you have to appreciate the work and passion that's gone into each and every tank.

When I first started all those years ago, I had no interest in going high tech at all. There was enough to learn :) Then I started looking at magazines, other folks tanks on here, YouTube etc and all of a sudden I NEEDED more.

I've been planning the overhaul for years but various life events put it on the back-burner. Now, I think its actually going to happen. Have just finished the thorough cleansing over 2 weekends. Now I'll be doing a list of everything I've bought and see exactly what I still need. I think I'm still a bit away. Im one of these people that research's everything to the point that once I've made my mind up what I want, its discontinued. My wife hates that I do that.

Just can't wait to have it all done but I suppose the doing is part of the fun. Im annoyed because I couldn't find my original account on here from when I first joined. That account would've been helpful to me as it had soon much info in the threads about what I'm doing now. Can't even remember the user name. I set this account up a few years ago when I was trying to get back into it again but again, life happened.

Catch you soon
David

Most reactions

Back