Replacing A Juwel Rekord 60 T8 With A T5

Johnlenham

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just wondering if this is possible? The bulb is 438mm but im not finding anything on goggle other than the ones in that size are not meant for my tank this is from one of them

Juwel High Lite Colour 24w 438mm T5
Use a 438mm / 24W light in a 55cm/60cm tube. Compatible with units that require T5 technology. For the Lido 120 & Trigon 350 aquariums

Anyideas?

If you want a tv, then you'll have to replace the ballast, however a t6 tube from aqua essentials will fit fine into the current unit.

If you want a tv, then you'll have to replace the ballast, however a t6 tube from aqua essentials will fit fine into the current unit.

Anyidea which one I would need to choose from that lot and whats the difference between plant growth and daylight tubes? higher brightness?
thanks though :)

They're both the same, but are just slightly different in colour, the plantgrow will look a bit purple whereas the daylight will look more White, both are just as good as each other.

i was going to order a t6 tube from aqua essentials for my record 60 tank but i wasn't sure it would fit, i did email them to ask but i didn't get a reply.
did you get a brushing kit as well i think you need one as it's a slimmer tube.

Most reactions

Back