Replacement Lighting For Rena Aqualife Tank

map1

Reaction score
Hi there
My original rena aqualife lighting bar which holds 2no T8 tubes has burnt out so only 1 tube is working. I have searched the net for Rena spares but to no avail. I have also looked at buying the Arcadia Overhead luminaire (3 or 4 tubes) but beleive that these only come with one plug so I would not be able to timer control the lights to increase frm 1 to 3 tubes during the day?

Can anyone confirm this is the case with the arcadia lights? or is there another way or manufacturer out there?

Just to check, you have tried replacing the bust tube haven't you? Any T8 tube of the right length will fit :good: If it isn't the tube, try replacing the starter (where applicaple). If replacing the starter doesn't work, remove the starter from the starter unit and then try firing the tube.

Arcadia units are supposed to be the best out there, though I don't own one, and I belive that the T8 and T5 units all work from one plug, though I could be wrong there... I use Silversun units (bought through ebay) and they work a treat, but run from only one plug also...

Any particular reason as-to why you want to step-up the light levels during the day?

All the best
Rabbut

Just to check, you have tried replacing the bust tube haven't you? Any T8 tube of the right length will fit :good: If it isn't the tube, try replacing the starter (where applicaple). If replacing the starter doesn't work, remove the starter from the starter unit and then try firing the tube.

Arcadia units are supposed to be the best out there, though I don't own one, and I belive that the T8 and T5 units all work from one plug, though I could be wrong there... I use Silversun units (bought through ebay) and they work a treat, but run from only one plug also...

Any particular reason as-to why you want to step-up the light levels during the day?

All the best
Rabbut

Hi Rabbut, thanks for response.
Its is the unit the cermaic holder at one end that you slot the tube into has broken and part melted.

I went to LFS today and they had a Arcadia T5 4 tube unit on a tank and this has 2 plugs (1 plug to 2 tubes) so I would be able to plug these into my timers to have a staggered increase in light during th day. The reason i want a staggered light affect is to make the lighting feel more natural. I currently have 1 tube come on at 12 noon until 9pm and the other 2 tubes come on from 1pm to 8pm. this provides a dimmer light to reflect both the morning and evening.

having looked on the internet it is surprising how varied the cost of these arcadia overtank lights.

I step my lighting up 1 hour apart and down 1 hour apart to make the lighting gradual. its nicer on my eyes so the fish will appriciate it.

If you can find an Arcadia unit that fits your specs at a reasonable price online, I'd get one. They are supposed to be the best units about and shouldn't give you a minuites trouble :good:

Most reactions

Back