Removeing Algue Of Driftwood

beechey

Fish Herder
Reaction score
how do i do it??

its not very bad but has a green tinge to the top

if i took it out and left it outside or summit would the algue die off??

my driftwood is over 3ft and heavy as hell

Ive found even after taking the wood out the tank, leaving it for months and then re adding the algae just seems to survive. Best option would be removing and literally rub it off, it still may come back..often it does.

The main part would be finding the source of algae growth aswell and that will maximise the chances of it not coming back :)

I would take it out off the tank and scrub it while still wet. Like FishyJake says L/T need to find the cause of the algae.

when i bought my first fish tank a small 12x10x10 it came with a smal piece of bogwood and it was very dark and on closer inspection i saw it was dried hair algae. the person who sold us it had told us the tank had been left by a couple who she had rented a house out to and the tank had been sat empty and broken down for months. i rinsed off the wood before putting it into the tank when we'd set it all up and it almost instantly it all came back to life. it must have been sat dry for aorund a good 4 months :crazy:

Hi Beechey,

How about using apple snails or otto's to help clear it, mine love the bogwood and it's fun watching them.

get a pleco. mine's starting to strip it off lol as mentioned in another thread!

i would need about 300 apple snails this wood is massive lol

not the best pic

IMG_3082.jpg

i wouldnt be too worried about your algae. i cant see any and not sure where im supposed to be looking. lol i'll have to show you my piece of bogwood now. you'll be amazed

About 4 or 5 should do it, they do get to quite a size. Nice Tank, the wood don't look that bad to me.

thats a old pic

its not that bad really but i like it to be just brown

ive found a jet washer (with no cleaners) works wonders on bog wood and algea

ive found a jet washer (with no cleaners) works wonders on bog wood and algea

Most reactions

Back