Rehoming Fish

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

P&BtheBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 cherry barbs in a 5 gallon. They're schooling fish and (now I know), five gallons is too small for them. I can't imagine getting a 30 gallon, 4 more fish, and cycling the tank all over again. One fish is in pretty bad shape, with a ripped fin. I think it's the stress in the small tank.

I'm pondering whether or not I should give them back to PetCo. It would be better for them, right?
I'd feel guilty if they landed in even worse conditions than I have them in. (a small tank)
Should I give them back? I want the best for them. Opinions?

I have 2 cherry barbs in a 5 gallon. They're schooling fish and (now I know), five gallons is too small for them. I can't imagine getting a 30 gallon, 4 more fish, and cycling the tank all over again. One fish is in pretty bad shape, with a ripped fin. I think it's the stress in the small tank.

I'm pondering whether or not I should give them back to PetCo. It would be better for them, right?
I'd feel guilty if they landed in even worse conditions than I have them in. (a small tank)
Should I give them back? I want the best for them. Opinions?
they dont take it back (at least in my experience at petsmart)
try to contact some friends with a school of them maybe, or somewhere where they can be rescued like in a display tank in lfs (local buisnesses)

they dont take it back (at least in my experience at petsmart)
try to contact some friends with a school of them maybe, or somewhere where they can be rescued like in a display tank in lfs (local buisnesses)

I think PetCo does. I don't know anywhere else that accepts fish. :(

You can always call and ask.

If they say no, I would create a Craigslist posting, under “Free Stuff”. People look all the time for free tanks and such, and they might just see your listing.

Most reactions

Back