Regulator For Disposable Co2 Bottles

RickT

Reaction score
Hi all
I am trying to find a decent regulator and needle valve to fit disposable CO2 bottles. I want to use the disposable co2 welding bottles from Machine Mart (£7.74 a bottle) mainly for convenience and cost. I am having a few problems tracking down a suitable regulator for these bottles and therefore need some advice from you all. Can anyone suggest a suitable regulator that is not part of a complete kit?
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Rick

Hydor and D & D have regulators for disposable bottles.

P.S. £7.74 is a lot of money for not a lot of CO2. Have a look in the Yellow Pages for welding shops.

Dave.

Hi...

I have the D&D reg with soleniod and apart from it leaking (sorted now.... fingers crossed) it works well! I also use the 600g CO2 bottles from machine mart cannot let you know how long they last as mine went 4ish days due to a leak!!

Dont be put off buying if you want to upgrade later to a refillable tank, you can buy a £10 adaptor to turn the reg from dispossable to refillable (cannot do it the other way round)... If I can find someone to refill its what I will be doing!

HTH

Hi...

I have the D&D reg with soleniod and apart from it leaking (sorted now.... fingers crossed) it works well! I also use the 600g CO2 bottles from machine mart cannot let you know how long they last as mine went 4ish days due to a leak!!

Dont be put off buying if you want to upgrade later to a refillable tank, you can buy a £10 adaptor to turn the reg from dispossable to refillable (cannot do it the other way round)... If I can find someone to refill its what I will be doing!

HTH

Thanks. That's my plan - to use disposable bottles and then get a regulator adaptor when I eventually find a good place locally that does co2 refills. I think the d&d regulator seems the best way for me to go. Can I ask what the problem was with the leak (so I can avoid a similar incident!)?
Rick

It was leaking from between the solenoid and the reg, the instructions implicitly say to check it all over first and to be honest, I did not - easy fix though and the kit comes with teflon tape!!

Most reactions

Back