Reef Set Up

Hey, I have some spare live rock for sale if you are interested, its fully curred. £9 a kilo. If you can add a few more bits for filtration that would do the tank a great deal of good. I am in Portsmouth if you want to collect, but postage is fine with me.

The water flow from the 1 powerhead would definetly not be stressing the fish. In the wild the water movement in the sea is a LOT stronger.

Not sure about your loses, triple check all your water parameters is the best thing I can suggest. The LED lights wattage is not overly important as they are just 5mm LEDS so will not be giving you any useable light.

Well I have now lost the yellow eyed tang as well now, its tail was all black and it lookede very dissorientated before it died, just like a tang I had before that died. It also looked as if it was slightly burned. Any ideas why? Could the heater have done this? One of m clowns now looks a bit ill, it too looks a bit burned and its gills look a bit wierd. Could this be whitespot, becuase I thought clowns were immune to it. What I have noticed in the clown and the regal tang is that their eyes look different, the black bit ois much smaller, and I have noticed this kin all the fish that I have had just before they died. Does anyone have any ideas why because I am getting desperate now.

Alex thanks for the offer but I live in Croydon, South London so the only option would really be to ship. How many kgs do you have left, would it be ok if I asked my mum and pm'ed you later. Thanks for the offer.

Are there any bulbs and fixtures that I can buy in like Homebase of B&Q that would be good for keeping coral, and would help them grow?

What size is your tank and how much are you willing to spend on lighting.
BigC

The tank is about 2ft long and I would not like to spend more than about £40 or £50 but I can go higher

buy a twin PC T5 ballast from interpet, 2*55 watt, unit is £36 and the bulbs are about a tenner each

look on charter house aquatics. then mount them onto a DIY hood, one at front and back. this is what i did with my rekord when it was growing HC

Well the two chromis, the yellow eyed tang and the regal tang have all moved from the tank. This leaves me with a stock of two percula clowns, one yellow watchman goby, super tongan nassirus snail, two frags of zoas and a leather which is looking better than it was before. Does anyone have any recomendations on new additions? I am thinking maybe I should not go for the more difficult species like the regal tang.

I run mine on Interpet Power Compacts
2x 55w Daylights
1x 36w Blue

For a 2ft tank you should not be getting any tangs in there as it is much to small for them. Personally given the recent fish loses I would not be getting anymore livestock until you know the problem in your tank is solved (ie the remaining fish are still alive and healthy in 5-6 weeks time).

Well the two chromis, the yellow eyed tang and the regal tang have all moved from the tank. This leaves me with a stock of two percula clowns, one yellow watchman goby, super tongan nassirus snail, two frags of zoas and a leather which is looking better than it was before. Does anyone have any recomendations on new additions? I am thinking maybe I should not go for the more difficult species like the regal tang.

dont buy another tang, everyone told you the first time, to do it again is just cruel. People are less likely to help you if you just ignore advice when given it.

I would do exactly whatr barney says and then look at things like bi-colour blennys, firefish, flasher wrasse etc

Its been a while since i last updated so i thought i would fill u guys in on what has happened. Sadly all the fish except the yellow watchman goby due to some internal parasite. Today i went to the LFS and bought a skunk cleaner shrimp and two common hermit crabs. Thankfully, after a very long aclimatization process(5hours) the shrimp survived. I am so happy because when i first started my tank i bough one and it dropped dead within minutes of introduction into the tank, and then the replacment did the same. I also got a piece of dead hard coral which look really nice. My leather is also looking a lot better, the polyps are starting to come out more, even though it has fallen down to the floor of the tank. I saw a light fixture in the LFS which looks like a metal halide but is a single 24W fixture. I currently have an 18W marine white light with reflector. If i got this fixture and put a 24W marine white light in, would it be enough for soft coral? I will post some pics later when i get time.

Sorry, one more question. Do you mean you want to add a 24 watt lamp IN ADDITION to the 18 watt lamp? If so then yes.

If you mean you want to add the 24 watt lamp IN PLACE of the 18 watt lamp, this will not work electrically without also upgrading the ballast/starter :)

Most reactions

Back