Reducing Particles In Water?

Zolek

Reaction score
Hi I've got a 29 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 70 (300 gallon/hour) HOB filter. It does a fairly good job of cleaning the tank but there always seems to be a few particles of waste/leaf matter/etc floating around. Is there a way to more reliably remove all floating particulate matter from the water so that its a better view?

if it's large bits of debris floating it's a sign your filter is underperforming. if it's tiny tiny particle type waste then yuo just need some filter floss in the filtration somewhere.

i think getting a small internal and putting filter floss in would help as it would catch the minute particles and take the pressure off your main filter so it can perform better.

miss wiggle is right again. i put some floss in after having the same problem. it worked a treat. i have since kept the synthetic floss in and my water is chrystal clear.

To clarify once something gets sucked up the filter its done, it just seems like theres always something new floating around on the far side of the tank. Is this where I should put a small internal filter?

yeah it sounds like you've not got enough water movement so the debirs from one side of the tank isn't getting collected. small filter over that side of the tank would help.

Nothing like a flimsy excuse for a Jpeg diagram. Where should i place the secondary filter? Also is this a problem that would also be solved by a powerhead and if so how would I place that?

why dont you get another hob and put one on either side? Or just put it in the middle if thats not a problem

Most reactions

Back