Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
1x Angelfish
6x Panda Corydoras
2x Kribensis Cichlids
6x Otocinclus
12x Harlequin Rasboras
12x Kuhli Loaches

I think I'm fully stocked if not overstocked.
This is in a heavily planted 33usg tank.
Just wondering if there are any compatibility issues with this stocking. Hopefully everything will get along dandy :good:

1x Angelfish
6x Panda Corydoras
2x Kribensis Cichlids
6x Otocinclus
12x Harlequin Rasboras
12x Kuhli Loaches

I think I'm fully stocked if not overstocked.
This is in a heavily planted 33usg tank.
Just wondering if there are any compatibility issues with this stocking. Hopefully everything will get along dandy :good:

Keep in mind angels grow to about a foot tall.

Its usually best to research how big they grow and stock according to full grown size. At least that's what I've learnt. You are overstocked. :p

What would you suggest as a centerpiece fish?
I got the angels before I really got into fishkeeping.
I already rehomed one today and I'm not looking forward to rehoming the other one tbh. (I've had them for so long! >.<)
I also got mixed information from different sources saying a 30g would be sufficient for one angel. myth?

What would you suggest as a centerpiece fish?
I got the angels before I really got into fishkeeping.
I already rehomed one today and I'm not looking forward to rehoming the other one tbh. (I've had them for so long! >.<)
I also got mixed information from different sources saying a 30g would be sufficient for one angel. myth?

A 30G tall for one angel, maybe. Full grown angels are 5 or 6inch long. All their size is in the fins.
If you have had yours for a long time though they are probably already stunted and will stay the size they are.

Gouramis are pretty, and unless you intend to breed them, usually kept as a single. They would fit a 33G quite nicely.

No offense, but I would like to get a second opinion from more experienced members before I do anything.
Seeing your other post, you are as inexperienced as me with fishkeeping. (again, no offense).

Anyone else have any input?

No offense, but I would like to get a second opinion from more experienced members before I do anything.
Seeing your other post, you are as inexperienced as me with fishkeeping. (again, no offense).

Anyone else have any input?

All I am telling you is what more experienced members have told me. :p

How tall is your aquarium and by the way your tank is way overstocked do some research on the fish you can keep and search there max size and then calculate how many gallons they would take up I agree with everything shy kitty said

16 inches from the top of substrate to water level.
What do you recommend I rehome? I was told by my LFS that kuhli loaches and otocinclus would barely add on to my bioload.
My readings are okay every week when I do my water changes (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate ~20ppm).
Is it just an issue with the territory with my stocking?
I feel really bad now as I want my fish to be happy :no:

So the best option is to rehome the angel and replace with a gourami?
I've heard that gourami's can get quite aggressive. Even worse than most cichlids. Is this true?
And what kind of gourami would you suggest as a centerpiece fish?

Gouramis is can be aggressive and yes you should rehome the anglefish but still wait for other answers just than two people because I am not very informed either

I'm getting a honey gourami as my centerpiece. I've done a fair bit of research on them.
Males generally have more vibrant coloring.
As far as I know they only get aggressive towards other males, other gouramis, and bettas.
If a male is with only one female, he will pester her to death. (ratio is 1:3female but again, only if intend to breed)
And I imagine, like alot of fish, get aggressive during spawning.

All fish have different temperments though, the gourami you get could be mean and nasty to its tank mates or pay them little to no mind to them at all. :p
They are labelled community fish at my LPS's though.

Other kinds of gouramis, like the blue gourami, are more aggressive.
Dwarf gouramis likely have dwarf gourami disease.

But yea, like fishyfriend said, should probably wait for more than 2 opinions. :)

Honey gourami's look pretty small to be a centerpiece imo. I think they get around 2"?
Do gourami's need to be in groups? If not, I saw some pretty decent sized ones that I liked.
How would these work in my tank?

Banded gourami
Opaline gourami
Paradise gourami

Honey gourami's look pretty small to be a centerpiece imo. I think they get around 2"?
Do gourami's need to be in groups? If not, I saw some pretty decent sized ones that I liked.
How would these work in my tank?

Banded gourami
Opaline gourami
Paradise gourami

Yes, honeys get to 2inch.

Using google..
Paradise gouramis are recommended a tank size of 25G if in a community tank; very aggressive
Opaline 40G community tank; aggressive, fin nippers
Banded AKA Giant gourami grow to 28inches.. I'm assuming those are not the kind you were referring to. Haha
Banded gourami grow to 5inch. 45G recommended for community tank.

But that is just using google..
I think honey gouramis are probably alot easier to care for then the other types.

I looked on this forum's gourami profiles:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/54992-gourami-site-list/
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/44123-gourami/

Idk who to trust now, so much contradicting information on the interwebs. :/

Most reactions

Back