Red Tailed Catfish

At less than 2' that fish is far from it's maximum potential. With fish of this size the usual food items are bought in the super market and include prawns, shrimps and fish fillets.

Me too, though I prefer the coral catshark to the bamboos. Both of them are candidates for home breeding too.

In the size of tank/pond you would need for an adult RTC you could keep an amazing collection of SW sharks and/or rays.

Hi my friend and I had a redtail x shovelnose hybrid and at two feet it could easily eat a 10 inch goldfish or a full grown oscar(discovered this by accident). But we trained it to accept other food some hand fed. We fed it thawed frozen smelts, prawns, small gold fish and dither fish(live), and a variety of other stuff. The biggest problem with feeding live when a large catfish gets to be 1 foot, especially redtails and shovelnose is they are aggressive hunters. And as we found out the hard way,they can pop the end of your aquarium off in there chase enthusiasm. Hence he is in a pond now.

Attachments

• 000_0237.jpg
    000_0237.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 59

Most reactions

Back