Red Tail Shark Gone Mad

kris2112

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have a red tail shark pretty much fully grown never had a problem with him.

i have been out today and bought 4 tinfoil barbs and put them in their new home and all of a sudden my rts has gone loopy started chassing pretty much everything round the tank mostly the new barbs tho is it time to say bye to my shark or does any1 have any ideas i love my rts will be sad to see him go

Sounds like your rts has had his nose put out of joint by introducing the barbs.
Could it be the size of your tank?

i have a 55g tank the rts is about 5 inch
after a couple of hours the rts stopped chassing the barbs and they have all decided to take cover together in the bogwood cave at the back of the tank.
i have just put some bloodworm in for supper and the barbs ventured out eating everything the could get to and the rts has started chassing them down again

my rts has stopped constantly chaasing the tf barbs nowjust seems to be at feed time but the barbs are to fast and get to the food before him.
the barbs are swimming all over the tank now and the rts will swim beside them while he is scavenging off the floor and only occasionally darts for them but nothing like he was yesterday so hopefully things will be okay
how long will it take before the barbs are big enough to give back as good as their getting?

my rts has stopped constantly chaasing the tf barbs nowjust seems to be at feed time but the barbs are to fast and get to the food before him.
the barbs are swimming all over the tank now and the rts will swim beside them while he is scavenging off the floor and only occasionally darts for them but nothing like he was yesterday so hopefully things will be okay
how long will it take before the barbs are big enough to give back as good as their getting?

hi i had a red tail shark i had the same problem he just chaced them down at meal time they are just very greedy fish have you got any algea wafers as my love them keeps all my fish happy and un hungry untill dinner time hope this helps :fun:

not had any problems for a few days now not seen the shark go for my tf barbs even when feeding looks like they all made friends
my tf barbs seem to have taken a shinning to mu denison as well.

peace is restored thanks ppl

Most reactions

Back