Red Tail Catfish

They are beautiful and personable fish. But this is a monster that will eat everything! I would steer very clear unless you have a 500g+ system.

i live down here in new orleans (ye haw) after hurricane catrina the new orleans aquarium lost most if not all their fish due to the lose of power and since then to get more fish they have been taking donations and a freind of mine donated his red tail cat to them (the audabaun institute of new orleans) excuse the spelling, about 6 months ago so the one you might have seen my freinds RTC. besids that they have a south american fish section did u see the black ghost and the full grown raphael cats the bgkwas like 2 ft long realy cool stuff so when did u go there

They are beautiful and personable fish. But this is a monster that will eat everything! I would steer very clear unless you have a 500g+ system.

Even a 500gal tank would be too small for a 4ft long growing fish. Check out this pic of a more mature specimen;

http://www.acuteangling.com/Catfish/catback2.jpg

This is really a large tropical pond or public aquarium fish only. I wouldn't keep one in anything less than a 20ft long.

we have a 2ft rtc at work and they certainly are impressive fish(its as thick as my leg as CFC would say) if only they stayed at 2ft

when i win the lottery i want an up-and-over tunnel tank with an rtc or two, like the one that's at Bristol Zoo, but BIGGER. haha.
i think i might need to win the lottery a couple of times...

Most reactions

Back