Red Tail Catfish

They grow to around 4ft long or more, so you are looking at a tank (or should i say pond) at least 8ft wide and 20-24ft long, but of course the bigger the better.
You can keep them in ponds as long as the pond is heated (or your climate is generally warm enough all year around), but due to their predatory nature and ability to fit the majority of fish into their mouths, they are best kept on their own. Tank decoration should be minimal and you should make sure things like heaters and pumps are well protected as these massive catfish have been known to try and eat/swallow them. They are apparently very friendly fish towards people though and can be fed from the hand and stroked as well.

About the size of a public aquarium!!!! :lol:

Minimum I believe would be in the region of 10 foot long but the bigger the better really.

I may have a picture of the size of an aquarium at Wharf Aquatics with a red tail in. I will try and get it posted later on.

i have a red tail catfish and a giraffe cat thats 2 feet long plus lots more in my hugh tank they cost a fortune to feed how big is your tank

I thought I had a better picture than this showing the whole of the tank but this is the only one I can find at the minute, sorry. :no:

1500g-rtc.jpg

That's a great photo Ghent.
It's such a shmae they get so big, they're a beautiful looking fish.

The photo of the red-tail wasn't taken by me, wish it was, but the discus shot in my avater is mine, quite impressed with it myself!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA . . .oh . .. sorry. . . .lovely fish but uh . . . . . yeah. giant. eat your hand off if they were ultra aggresive. say bye bye to children. lol. they get oh so big . . . . .but they're oh so beautiful and lovely. they have those puppy . . .cat eyes and that kinda grinning mouth. lovely picture too.

It says in his/her profile that the tank is 560 gallon!!! :crazy: :blink:

I WISH!!

That's nearly as big as my house :hyper: Don't think the other half would be too impressed if she seen a lorry turn up with that on the back. :lol:

It says in his/her profile that the tank is 560 gallon!!! :crazy: :blink:

I WISH!!

That's nearly as big as my house :hyper: Don't think the other half would be too impressed if she seen a lorry turn up with that on the back. :lol:
yeah i read the profile :drool:
pics pics pics :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back