Red tail and Corys

there are many types of fish and aquatic creatures that have red tails. what are you specifically talking about
a baby red tail catfish might eat the cories
Red tail and corys would They be okay togehter in 40gallon

Sorry red tail shark
im not sure if red tails are territorial but id really just give it a huge tank with the cories since they are all bottom dwellers i think
because red tails might nip cories

Redtail and rainbow sharks are territorial when mature. However, a single fish in a decent size tank with lots of hiding places should ignore the Corydoras for the most part.

In general, Redtail sharks will leave the cory's alone. Redtail and rainbow sharks are from the same group of fish as the barbs, so tend to leave fish from other species alone.

If you get a red tail 'shark', just be aware that it will determine every other fish you can get. It wants to be the boss, and the absolute center of the tank. If it isn't your favourite fish, you might want to give it a pass.

They also grow big 6 inches plus
IMG_0096.JPG

Agree with some of above. Main issue is the tank is too small for a Red Tail Shark, and small spaces (to the fish) usually means increased aggression and this will or can get nasty.

I will have to leave it just re checked my tank is 25 gallons 😩 don’t know where I got 40 from

Most reactions

Back