Red Spots On Fish

I would pm emmsy she a vet and ask her advice as holes in gill flaps are fish tb.

i have read both of them about the hole in the gils. and im am unsure. and since i have got back into the hobby again about 5 months ago, and with all the fish i have i have only had one fish die, and she died while in the breeding trap after giving birth to 3 fry. so i expect that was due to stress as she was fine. all of my other fish seem fine too, non of them have bent spines, and they are all eating well. quite greedy actually.

and ok i will pm her straight away.

There alot going off with your fish.
Red spots and red patches, brown greyish patches and now holes in the gills.
Just going to do some research.

i am using the king british bacterial control. says it treats bacterial infections, gill rot & external ulcers.

She usiKing British Bacterial

King British Bacteria Control treats fish with bacterial infections, gill rot and external ulcers

There are bacteria in your aquarium all the time, but they tend only to attack vulnerable tissues that have been damaged. Wounds & abrasions caused by bullying or handling leave fish exposed to infection

Bacteria Control kills the bacteria that cause fin & gill rot & other external bacterial infections in abrasions & wounded tissues (including aeromonas & pseudomonas species)

ng this med.

If its tb its no good.

IMO, from what you have said, that this is a case of TB. Kanamycin + Vitamin B-6 is the only effective treatment. It is a full month course, and will treat all 3 of your fish. Please don't put your hand in the tank without gloves as it can be transferrable to humans (unless you've had your TB jab) Stop with your med and use Kanamycin + Vitamin B-6 straight away. Improvemnts won't be visible for about 4-5 days, and please finish the course.

Thats the best advice I can give.

Gonna have something to eat now cos I skipped lunch today.

A pic would be great just for me to confirm.

Emma

If you have cuts and wounds of your hands that how you can catch fish tb.
Its very rare to catch fish tb, you have to have a really weak immune system.

Kanamycin from a vet.
Should be able to get the vitamin supplement for the chemist.
It will wipe the benefical bacteria out in your filter but it wants wiping out.

Most reactions

Back