Red Spot On Panda Cory Belly

David J

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi

See photo:

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu120/DavMars/442109be2edf609084205bcf913ea74b.jpg

This panda seems to have died suddenly although I couldn't say how long the red spot was there. Never noticed it until it was belly up sadly. I found some stuff online about red blotch disease but the blotches seem fainter and over a wider area with no defined edges like this one has.

Anyone any ideas? Water parameters are ammonia 0ppm, Nitrite 0ppm, Nitrate 10ppm.

50% water change was done on Saturday.

Thanks,,

David

Bless Him. R.I.P.

Corys are very prone to bacterial infections.
It looks like a blood patch in the pic.  Looks like septicemia.

Thanks. I've lost about 4 pandas since I started out 16 months ago. The previous ones had no marks or anything to give a clue as to what killed them. Just this one with the red spot. And I've not lost them all recently. The 4 are spaced out over the 16 months.

I had six panda corys and 3 luckily lived to 5 years old. The other three didn't last long
from when I bought them.

How often do you preform a gravel vac?
Do you remove ornaments once a week to hoover underneath.

I've got 3 out of the 5 that I've had since the beginning. I have sand and a small area of gravel and I vacuum once a week. I would say I move the wood and rocks etc about once a month.

I would try and  move the rocks and wood once a week if you can for a hoover.

Keep a look out for the other corys going darker in colour or pale.
Acting listless and lethargic.
Looking bloated, or losing weight.
Not eating.
Leaning to one side when resting.
Make sure the barbles don't look thin and short.
Red streaking on body or fins, blood patches.

I had 4 pandas die randomly myself, and i ordered 6 sterbai that died before i got them home from my LFS, i always go to pick up the bags so they dont have to acclimate twice.

I've lost a few and ALWAYS just after a waterchange / filtercleaning (smoothly in old tankwater !!!!) 
Decided to fill a bucket now and leave it for some days and then use it for a WC and never clean the filter the same day.
So far so good.

Most reactions

Back