Red Flatworms!

They are detritivores. Dr. Ron claims they go away on their own. My 75gal fuge is plagued by them and has been for 18months. No sign at all of them disappearing. I've tried everyting, including starving them. No luck. They so cover everything that the chaeto doesnt' grow much. None in display. 6-line is marginal -- some eat them, some won't. Other wrasses are more reliable. Any of the haliocheres (sp?) will do. Regular old mandarin gobies may eat them.

I had no luck with FWE but there is sand and rock in my fuge and they bury in there. If your tank infestation is one lacking a sandbed, FWE should work. Research carefully -- double-dose, have water change and carbon at the ready.

But other than being ugly they are generally harmless and I've given up on them in the fuge. As long as they aren't in the display I'm happy.

I worry after the passing if my beautiful radiant wrasse though. Need a replacement to patrol for any that find their way upstairs into the display.

Well....no wrasse just yet as I'm seriously low on funds at the moment.

I'm not going to put any chemicals into the tank though. If a wrasse doesn't eat them then they can stay as long as they're doing no harm. The Xenia and the star polyps in the tank are thriving any my urchin is happy enough munching through the algae I've been growing in there for the past few months.

Most reactions

Back