Red Fire Gourami Problem

alanox205

Reaction score
Hi there I brought a red fire gourami fish. When I put him into the 90 l tank he went on the bottom of the tank and lays on the side. He breaths really quickly and doesn't swim properly like other fish in the tank. Please help me !!!

more details please

how long was he in the bag?
how long and how did you acclimate?
what are your parameters for your tank?
what other fish are in there?
how long has it been set up?
anything else you feel is relevant.

also red fire gourami could be a couple of different kinds would be nice to know which one

Hi in the bag was for about half an hour till I brought it from the shop.
I didn't acclimate him,
I've got: 1 opaline gourami, 4 Scalars, some kind of orange mollie with red eyes, and 4 more types of fish, but I don't know the names,
My aquarium was set up for 6 days,
I've got 2 of those Red Fire Dwarf Gourami which one is on the bottom of the tank.

water parameters?
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate
Ph Gh Kh

you should really aclimate to get the fish used to your water especially if it has been kept in different water.

set up for six days? cycled? if so how?

Hi I don't really know the parameters of the water in my tank, but I tested ammonia and it show 0.50 mg/l.

thats the photos of my fish:

you need to be changing lots of water and replacing with temperatue matched dechlorinated water this will need to be done daily for a good few weeks if not some or all of your fish will die, alternative is to take all fish back to shop and perform a fishless cycle. READ THIS

Most reactions

Back