Red Fiined Shark

From my experience I've found Rainbow Sharks and Albino Rainbow Sharks to be fairly communal. They will establish a territory in your tank and chase away any fish that venture in there but they do not have big enough mouths to bite anything of a reasonable size.

However I would stay clear of Redtail Black Sharks (just a red anal fin) as these get to about 10" and are more aggressive.

But as long as you just keep one Rainbow shark in your tank you should be ok. :D

I have a red fin shark and she chases everything. So the only real thing to worry about is if the other fish will get stressed from the chasing. Cause that is all they really do is chase and if they don't move fast enough they might get head butt. My shark swims in over my tank and now that I have floating plants will go to the very top to snag a blood worm

However I would stay clear of Redtail Black Sharks (just a red anal fin) as these get to about 10" and are more aggressive.

:D

RTBS do not get to 10 inches. you will be lucky to get up to 7, more common is 5-6 inches. they are aggressive with Shark types, but leave other fish alone, providing the tank is big enough (50ukg minimum).

i had a red tailed shark.....yea he used to get on with my betta but then became super aggresive, ended up jumping out of the tank and dying tho....

i had a red tailed shark.....yea he used to get on with my betta but then became super aggresive, ended up jumping out of the tank and dying tho....
:crazy: I have read another post about Ruby sharks jumping out of aquariums...I just don't see it happening. I mean I have no worry cause I have a hood but WHY!!!! I kinda worry about it when I do water changes. I mean Is she going to go for it and why would she????

ive got a red tailed black shark in the tank listed below. he or she is completely fine with all the fishes doesnt take no notice apart from the tiger barbs. when ever the tigers go near one side of the tank which im assuming is the home of the shark the shark will chace them to the other end. all other fishes seem completely fine with it. i had the shark from small and now its about 4"

i think personally with guppies they will be fine. but in the future it may need a big tank.

:crazy: I have read another post about Ruby sharks jumping out of aquariums...I just don't see it happening. I mean I have no worry cause I have a hood but WHY!!!! I kinda worry about it when I do water changes. I mean Is she going to go for it and why would she????

its just a guess, but i would look at tank size here. as i have stated here, and as any descent profile will say, RTBS need tanks of 50g+. its the first time i have heard of them jumping(that's not to say they dont). as for keeping a betta and an RTBS in the same tank?(just my opinion of cource) one or both will be in a, woefully, bad tanks size.

erm...i slightly dont get your post but, ye my RTS defo jumped out the tank...the tank he was put in was at the top of my stairs, he was put in this tank so he didnt keep beating up my betta, he was only supposed to stay in it untill the morning so i could take him back to the shop, see ive never owned fish and the guy in the shop said they would be fine...it wasnt my fault :no: anyway......my RTS ended up on the second step down....my lil sis stood on him witout even knowing and i noticed him in the morning before work....it was not a nice sight to say the least....

erm...i slightly dont get your post but, ye my RTS defo jumped out the tank...the tank he was put in was at the top of my stairs, he was put in this tank so he didnt keep beating up my betta, he was only supposed to stay in it untill the morning so i could take him back to the shop, see ive never owned fish and the guy in the shop said they would be fine...it wasnt my fault :no: anyway......my RTS ended up on the second step down....my lil sis stood on him witout even knowing and i noticed him in the morning before work....it was not a nice sight to say the least....

lol, sorry.

if the tank is big enough for an RTBS, its a good bit big for a betta. and if the tank is small enough for a betta, its way too small for an RTBS. my guess is the jump, is as a result of the tank being too small for the fish.

unfortunately its not rare to hear about duff info, from the LFS. it underlines the need to do research, at least goggle it, before buying. i know its hard. I've done it, but if you like a fish enough to want to keep it, its probably best to find out if you can, before you buy. it often avoids tears, and dehydrated fish.

yea, i didnt really no about the site before i got him, its only thanks to a guy called saltynay that i do know of this site! i was anoyed that i had to take him back...but for him to die was just the worst......should of seen my gfs face as he was her fish :unsure:

yea, i didnt really no about the site before i got him, its only thanks to a guy called saltynay that i do know of this site! i was anoyed that i had to take him back...but for him to die was just the worst......should of seen my gfs face as he was her fish :unsure:

yep, we learn fast, or not at all. not nice finding a dead fish, even in the water.

Most reactions

Back