Red Cherry Shrimp...a Good Investment?

It's not an automatic one. It's a self start basic syphon which is what the majority of people with only 1 or 2 tanks has on here.

The syphon you link to is a phython. We have a DIY guide to building your own python cleaner here

The one I linked too works like this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4_az4Yw4Ns

Edit - If you pay particular attention to 1:30 onwards you'll see that the fish are far from disturbed by the cleaning.

I use an aqueon python system. Cost me about $25 but it's saved me a lot of work!

I use an aqueon python system. Cost me about $25 but it's saved me a lot of work!

Yeah, they look really good and at the moment i am desperate for a new siphon of some kind, my siphon isn't very powerfull and

because of the batteries is really bulky and hard to move around the tank. I have even reached the point of using a jug to take out

the water sometimes because my siphon refuses to turn on! I going for my monthly "pit stop" at my LFS so i should be able to restock

all my dwindling supplies and a of course, a new siphon. :lol:

Yes I'd definately recommend the aqueon python. I wasn't a particular fan of my regular one but my pythons great.

Most reactions

Back