Red Betta Question

lugobetta

Reaction score
I have a red betta and i wanted to know what the offspring will be like if i mate him with a (normal ) female she has a little blue and a little green what should i expect to comeout

i dont know much about betta genetics (ie) dominant and recessive genes but alot would depend on what there parents looked like i would of thought but someone alot more of a clue will be able to help you
scot :good:

and how many should i expect total(can they mate with their brood bothers and sisters)

im gettin out me depth here now lol so take this with a pinch of salt bettas can have lots of fry say a hundred or so
and they can m8 with there brothers and sisters but unless your linebreeding for a paticular trait i wouldnt of thought it advisable would you breed dogs that where brother and sister??
as i said b4 you need a betta addict to answer your questions and im probably wrong have you looked at the species index on this forum that would help if you havnt already
scot

You can likely expect a lot of VT multicolors without any specific patterns, more so just washes of different colors. Not very appealing in the world of betta sales. Bettas can have hundreds of fry. It's a lot of work, and not something to rush into. Make sure you do your research, and have everything prepared before you try. You can mate brothers and sisters, but as chesterscot stated, this is usually done if you're trying for a specific line-- e.g. yellows or mg. Too much inbreeding can lead to genetic problems, but that's usually not seen until F8-9, but could be earlier due to different variables.

thanx for the clarification, i wanted to get some (cheap bettas) first to get some experience with them and breeding... i've had them b4 but not to breed so wish me luck and thank you

pics coming soon...so you guys culd tell wut i shuld expect

yup washes would be expected and mainly red and blue washes, the green wont come through if he is a solid red as his gene will lead dominent of any other colour.

Most reactions

Back