Red Bellied Pacu

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

christianflores

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I have 1 RBP and well he or she is in a 300 gallon tank right now and was wondering what are the other tankmates i can put in the tank with it.It is about 1.5 inches.It is still young.I just tranfered my 3 tinfoil barbs into the tank with it as well as 2 common pleco.

Does anyone know what i can keep wit a small 2 inch red bellied pacu with instead of 3 tinfoils and 2 plecos

Rainbow sharks look nice with the pacu. Pacu's get BIG, i would not suggest getting smaller fish as they might end up as an accidental meal.

Im glad to see someone plan ahead with a fish of this size. The Red-Bellies are the smaller of pacu species usually get 60-75cm in length. You could add pleco's, perferably larger species such as sailfins and commons.

Reply back with the dismensions of the tank and what filtration you have.

Cheers.

i got 3 C-360 canisters and 4 external filters with a bio wheel.And i have one other very huge tank for some other fish later on when the cycles is done.(10'L x 2.5'W x 4'H Lazy L 745 gallons) 7'L x 4'W x 4'H 300 gallons

And i forgot that for the 745 gallon tank it will probably be done within a week or 2 since it has been running for about 5 weeks.But it is already heated,and decorated.Now i just need to know what i should start out with for this enormous size tank.I was planning on getting a green terror and a jack dempsey or some group of these types.

you could do some incredible mbuna setups, if that is your decorations are rocky.

oh ok ill try that if i can.And yes i do hav all rocks in my tank as decorations.

is it a really rocky tank? or just scatered rocks? 475gallons is a lot of mbuna. head over to the african cichlid forum and start a topic if your interested.

Most reactions

Back