Recommendations Please!

cheddargremlin

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for a tropical fish etc that will bury in the sand and therefor turn it over for me? I heard khuli loach but can i keep one/two or do i need more?
Thanks in advance

Kuhlis are very shy and you'd rarely see them in such small numbers. As with most loaches the minimum is 6, preferably more.

Corys do a good job if you're after something easy to care for and peaceful.

Tank stats and other tankmates would be useful for better suggestions.

Not sure ive got room for 6 :/ i have a 110 ltr with a common plec, ruby shark. 3 platy, 2 angels, 2 bristlenose, 2 dwarf gourami and 6 x-ray tetras. Not sure how many i can fit in! Ooh and there is one cardinal still there too

Youre massively overstocked with inappropriate fish as it is, I wouldn't add anymore. do you know how big common plecs can get?

Yes i am not stupid. The only reason i have him is because i took him in from a 60ltr so he had more space. Why are these fish innapropriate? They are all peacefull and healthy, i have never had any problems

Who called you stupid? It was a question, not everybody knows how big they get, nor am I psychic enough to know you got it from a 60 litre.

With lack of space fish get stunted. They should be kept in tanks suitable for its potential adult size.

Ruby sharks, aka rainbow sharks, need 55 gallon tanks and lots of space. They can become very territorial as well.

Two angels may fight as they mature if they're not a pair, and also need space. And taller tanks.

Add to this your common plec...

110l isn't big enough for all these fish. That's a fact, not me calling you stupid.

So to answer your original post with this new info in mind: You're overstocked, so just stir your sand yourself if you're worried it will get compacted. The plec should keep it worked over though.

Most reactions

Back