Recommendations For A Gravel Cleaner?

robinreliant23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have some Roman Gravel in a 54l tank and wondered what people recommend as being the best gravel cleaner that preferably doesn't suck all the gravel.

Anything about 8-12" long and 3" wide should be fine :) avoid the really small ones.

Ps tried to pm you but it tells me you can't use the message system...

This is what I've used for 20+ years and still do gravel cleaner.

Cheap, easy to use, does the job :good:

I use the fluval brand of gravel cleaner as I find some of the others have non return valves that either get stuck or won't open

I use one that looks similar to fluttermoth's.

As mine's only a small tank is there anything good enough that doesn't require syphoning into a bucket but has it's own little pouch? The Mrs will have a fit if I get fish water all over her new carpet!! lol.

I also use one that looks similar to fluttermoth's. It does a great job.

there's one that was designed for the biOrb that does a good job on small tanks - easy to use as well

http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/index.php?p=product&products_id=2085&cid=1

Hi prefer the biorbs because they have a bulb to help you start the siphon and you don't have to go jamming it around in the tank to get it going.

Hi prefer the biorbs because they have a bulb to help you start the siphon and you don't have to go jamming it around in the tank to get it going.

I've read a few reviews on this saying it's great for water changes but i've not found anyone saying how good or not so good it is for cleaning the gravel - any thoughts??

Most reactions

Back