Recent Tank Pic!

kenneth_kpe

Lider op da pises.
Reaction score
Hey there, im posting an updated pic of my 2 week old tank here (still fighting off the algae since the tank is a bit new.. especially the clado )

After all this is where I started learning about planted tanks a year or so back heres a small pic.. comments are welcome !

tankfull.jpg

looks nice..........is that the clado all over the wood? i would get rid of the wood if it is.........

Nice lily pipes as well 8)

yup its clado on the wood... im planning on bleaching it, such a waste to throw the wood away :)

thanks the Lily pipes are DIY, asked a local glassblower to make em for me

the plants are still acclimating to the new environment.. haha they are just starting to show signs of new growth, they should pick up in a couple of weeks

Is this a high light tank? Layout looks good but it could do with more plants? Like the red you've got in there :)

Hi guys, regarding the number of plants,you are right ! im currently just letting em grow, the plants came from a 13 gallon so there isnt much to go around :p Im planning to just let them grow and replant, saves me money hehe :)

the substrate is riverbed sand collected from a lake in my country. Its color is grey to black.h hehe its not eco complete, we do not have that here.

Here are the tank specs btw.
35 gallon.
lighting : 4X36 watt PL lighting 3 daylight 1 coolwhite 4 on 2 off 4 on
filter : eheim 2222
co2 via pressurized DIY system, diffusion via ceramic diffuser.

Looking good :D looks really natural if a little flat at the moment.Be nice to see when plants have grown out some. Are you putting any hardscape in there?

Looking good :D looks really natural if a little flat at the moment.Be nice to see when plants have grown out some. Are you putting any hardscape in there?

That's quite a change there, but I like the new scape much better. What did you do with the wood?

the tall plant is rotala wallichii, redid the entire scape aimed for a quick growing anti algae setup... no hardscape, im gonna leave this tank behind with my family since I will be away for 3 months, im gambling on a fast growth setup since algae is harder to kill compared to just trimming the plants when they grow.

Im kinda wishing I could have stayed for another 2 weeks to see how the tank grows... it has only been 1 week since I redid the entire tank

Most reactions

Back