Really Unusual Guppy?

trianglekitty

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Please excuse the bad photo, my camera isn't great...

I rescued some guppies from my cousins and one of them doesn't resemble anything I've seen before. The pictures don't do him justice. His body is a pale sparkling pink with a dark red dorsal stripe. His fins are red, and he has a short tail. I actually thought he was a female at first, but he's definitely male. In the photo he's under the guppy with the blue tail and yellow head.

Have I lucked into something unique here?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59698682@N07/5459477159/

Looks like a juvi male to me. Perhaps his fin is full grown or is still developing.

No, it looks like a guppy I used to have (R.I.P). Can't find a picture of him at the moment but will try to. I remember they were being sold as cobalt orange (or red?) guppies.

Looks like a juvi male to me. Perhaps his fin is full grown or is still developing.

Really? He's as big as the others that I've had for months. It would be cool if his tail did grow out more though.

I should note that he came from a tank where she just let them breed like crazy for a few years from two or three pairs...every guppy I have from her is wildly different in appearance. Since they all are basically inbred I'm really surprised they don't all look more alike by now.

Here is the best photo I could find in a hurry:
121.jpg

Look pretty similar?

Here is the best photo I could find in a hurry:
121.jpg

Look pretty similar?

A little, but my guy is really pale- it probably looks like the flash is washing him out, but his body is almost white. He's basically iridescent pink. The body shape and tail are the same through.

Beautiful guppy in your picture though!

I've seen quite a few of these in the last 6-8 months, their coming from Singapore farms, and are unsual in the hobby, as yes they have small tails compaired to most shop guppies.
So while their unusual generaly. If you find a shop with them, you can get 100's as their being farmed.

I've seen quite a few of these in the last 6-8 months, their coming from Singapore farms, and are unsual in the hobby, as yes they have small tails compaired to most shop guppies.
So while their unusual generaly. If you find a shop with them, you can get 100's as their being farmed.

Yeah, I have a guppy similar to that to.

DF

Yeah, I have a guppy similar to that to.

DF

Okay, I can accept he's another dime a dozen store guppy...still happy to have him in my tank though!

Most reactions

Back