Really Need Some Help!

adam12345

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i have put this in my other thread but i wanted to srart a new one just for this problem! i only got my musk turtles yesterday and i came home from work today to find my red light bulb has blown! i have to lights 1 white one which i think is the uv not sure. but its the read one that has gone. the person who works at the shop sed it needs to be on 24/7. so worried there not going to make it through the night. will they be okay through the night and untill i get home from work tomorrow? not sure how long it has not been working for it was working went i went to work 12 hours ago. really need some help!

CHEERS!!!!

UV lighting is required for terrapins because it provides them with their natural Vitamin D, which in turn allows them to properly absorb calcium.

In the long term and absence of correct UV lighting will lead to health problems such as shell deformity and spinal problems.

However, in the short term they will be fine - so don't worry about that!

Ideally they will need a dedicated UV light (any reptile specific bulb) which should be left on as the main light for daytime. Heat lamps are easier, I simply use a 40w clip on ikea spotlight for a couple of hours a day.

UV lighting is required for terrapins because it provides them with their natural Vitamin D, which in turn allows them to properly absorb calcium.

In the long term and absence of correct UV lighting will lead to health problems such as shell deformity and spinal problems.

However, in the short term they will be fine - so don't worry about that!

Ideally they will need a dedicated UV light (any reptile specific bulb) which should be left on as the main light for daytime. Heat lamps are easier, I simply use a 40w clip on ikea spotlight for a couple of hours a day.

i dont think its my uv light. its my red bulb thats gone. not sure what the red oen for it thought maybe heat? but im glad that they should be fine untill i can replace the light :)

went to my local pet shop after work today and got a new bulb. just got home and tried it and it still doesnt work. guessing the light fixture is broken. could be the spark plug or something. but im going to go back to where i brought the set up from and ask them for a new one. so this will be the secound time ive had to go bk to the store within 3 days because a fualt with the product! not happy! least the turtles are still alive and ive lowerd the water so they can eat a little bit easyier. will post again tomorrow when i find out what the shop will do to help. thanks for your help guys.

Most reactions

Back