Real Or Fake Plants...?

Agree with tanksalot as to finding that -in general- the lists of plants that are easier in low-light no-carbon/low-carbon situations are often correct but that -specifically for your tank- there will often be differences. Some plants that others list as "easy" will often just not work in a specific tank. So it is always good to not be completely restricted by lists (try new things with the understanding they may not make it.. but maybe they will.) And don't be too upset or surprised if something that many people say should be easy just won't grow in your tank. Other plants probably will.

~~waterdrop~~

I am totally agree with you, fishes feels so good in more natural atmosphere so its nice that you have replaced your fake plants with the real one. Nice decision I am with you.

My personal preference is always real plants. There is just something about a tank with real plants that feels better to me. I only have a very few out of 26 tanks that is strictly artificial plants. That only happens in a tank like my 6 foot community that houses some rainbow cichlids, Herotilapia mutispinosa. Those guys will eat any real plant that I place in the tank. When I want them to breed I simply cover the entire tank surface with a thick layer of duckweed. After a week or two, when all of the duckweed is gone, they start breeding because they have been eating so well.
This is a picture of a parent shortly after a binge on duckweed. All those tiny white specks are fry.
ParentAndChild_800.jpg

Most reactions

Back