Re-stock Time!

Reaction score
Ok, so as some of you may know. I lost a lot of my fish in one of my tanks a couple of weeks ago to an internal bacteria infection - it took the lives of 2 Kissing Gourami's, 1 Betta, 1 Plattie and 1 Peppered Cory.

Well, today i'm meant to be revising for my exams but instead I want to go a re-stock this tank. All that is left in the tank is 2 Female Platties (both pregnant), 2 Pitbull Plec's and 2 Peppered Cory Catfish.

The tank has room for about another 20" of fish... but I don't want a fish this big! I was after something about 5" or so, that will get on with the remaining fish in that tank (i'm not worried though if they eat the fry).

Any ideas??

THANKS! :good:

how about a shoal of rainbow fish, there are loads to choose from and they have beautiful colours :D

Just got back... I've moved a few fish around and made this tank brackish and added 2 topaz puffers!

How have you made it brackish in under a day? It should be something done slowly.

What species of puffers are they? A few species are traded under topaz. And what size is the tank? Some of the species traded under that name get quite big...

Don't worry, i've done a lot of research before I got them and the tank has been made brackish using Interpet Salt.

They are topaz puffer's for sure - their identical to my made's topaz.

Wow.... you know when I briefly considered going brackish I must have read all the wrong info!

I got the impression it required a bit of time, care and attention to detail to get a brackish tank running properly - and this being prior to even putting fish in....

turns out reading this, all I needed to do was buy some salt, fish, chuck em in and we're off! Silly me..

Common names aren't much use, do you know the exact scientific name of the fish? I't might be worth googling for the pufferlist and see which one it is there.

Also, I'm not sure if that salt is actually a marine salt?

Most reactions

Back