Re-aquascaped tank photo

Very nice tank ladyminion, looks like a lot of good work went into redesigning it. Really natural appearence with the logs. How do your plants like the sand substrate?

Hey more questions, lol

smithrc said:
What light wattage do you have over the tank (and fertiliser/CO2??)

We have one flora-glow and one power-glo totalling 60 watts. We're not using any fertiliser or CO2, however, our nitrates come out of the tap pretty high!

I'm glad I've inspired you to make a renewed effort on your tank. :)

Doggfather said:
What type of sand is that? Silica?

Apparantly it is beach sand, but the bag was unmarked. We trust our lfs though. :D

konrad05 said:
How do your plants like the sand substrate?

When the dragon gobies stop moving the sand for 5 minutes, they actually develop pretty good root systems. :D Seriously, we've had no problems on that front.

Thanks again for all your kind comments everyone.

Beautiful tank you have there! What sort of washing powder do you use to clean your clothes and what did you have for breakfast this morning?

Very nice indeed..........that is the sort of thing that I aspire to.....

......since we are using a UGF we haven't considered sand yet..............but.......with some sort of control in place........

........and the different types of wood............good mix........... :D :D

(Oh, and if the Colchester Swallow Aquatics is anything like the Rayleigh Swallow Aquatics........they get my vote for having everything I have needed (even if their advice is a little "saturday-staff"-like at times.)........ B) B) )

Ava_Banana said:
(Oh, and if the Colchester Swallow Aquatics is anything like the Rayleigh Swallow Aquatics........they get my vote for having everything I have needed (even if their advice is a little "saturday-staff"-like at times.)........ B) B) )
We've found Swallow at Colchester to be very good. If the staff don't know the answer to your question, they always do their best to find out for you. I don't find they do many unusual fish though - perhaps Rayleigh does. And every accessory they sell seems to be made by Boyu. :blink: I intend to visit the East Harling branch soon, it's supposed to be their main store.

Have you ever been to Shotgate Aquatics (just outside Billericay)? We went there the other week and their staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. The chap who served us knew every fish we wanted by it's scientific name! They have some really unusual L-numbers too.

Tank looks lovely :thumbs: If your in the area try to get to Swallow in East Harling. We only live about 8 mile away so I guess we're pretty lucky having such a good shop nearby. I can't compare it to the other branches but they have alot of fish and equipment. They also have an amazing selection of marine fish that you can spend ages :drool: over.

LadyMinion said:
Have you ever been to Shotgate Aquatics (just outside Billericay)?

Haven't been to the Shotgate one yet..........but funnily enough, we only just found it on Sunday (noticed while driving past, so will definately give it a visit maybe this weekend).

Only problem is we are overstocked at the moment............and need to find someone local giving away a tank (it happens sometimes :rolleyes: ).......

(My cousin has had a tank for some years, but really has lost interest......it is looking very poor......and I am hoping he will allow me to resurect it soon... ;) ).

Most reactions

Back