Rays

dave_oddballs

ray and oddball keeper !!
Reaction score
hi as some of you know, im getting some rays, am looking to get reticulatus for now.
emailed a guy about some retics as he said he had none left, i asked if he was getting more, he said he had motoros, i said i didn't want motoros as they grow too big for my tank so i would wait for the retics and this is the responce i got;

Dear davidrogerson1986,

Hi,

I don't understand my Motoros are smaller than the reticulatus and the retics grow huge? But yes, I'll have mote in the new year.

Regards,
Jose

- jaryd137

what do you reckan? i know motoro's get bigger than retics, and as far as retics go they are small rays!

cheers,
Dave

by the sound of it he has got rays that grow huge and thinks there retics but could be wrong

I think you would be best off getting pics of them and id'ing them for yourself, cause by the sounds he doesn't have a clue?

Maybe he thinks you were talking about the size they come in at?

retic, hysrix & most small rays are difficult to correctly identify.

retic will be smaller than motoro tho when adult.

personally he sounds like a dick

haha i agree, be careful with the language i just got banned for 2 weeks for swearing!
yeah i meen im ot expert but i know motoro's get a hell of a lot bigger than retics! will leave them alone, god knows what would turn up!!

just inquired about some hystrix, just whether they are true hystrix from rio negro or the false ones from peru,
even if they are the false hystrix its a fair price but a good price if they are true hystrix, will soon find out hopefully!
also inquired about some nice datnioides undecimradiatus, the closest looking to the ever expensive d.pulcher that i can't seem to source!
if they dont know the origin of the hystrix i will ask them for a picture and try and get a positive id.

kat, the way he said the motoros are smaller and the retics grow huge makes me think he actually thinks the retics grow larger than the motoro's, i don't want to be stuck with a pair or 3 rays that will end up foot wide as i can't house them, not worth the bother! i pm'd you back by the way!

Dave

Went to BAS the other day they had some nice looking rays in there , not sure what they were but they looked awsome:)

they are motoro's at bas ben, they are nice, just get too big for my tank, well for the width of my tank. i go out and get a 1000 litre tank for rays and still find it difficult getting fish that will fit in lol!
might go down to bas in a couple of weeks to see what they got!

Dave

Ahh fair enough:) was impressed with the shop , bit of the way but a decent selection of stuff, i wanted a spider they had there but mrs would shout if i had one of them.

i dont mind tarantulas to look at but sod having one in the house!
i did nearly buy a couple of pygmy hedgehogs from there earlier this year but they ere gone when i went back!
definitely want to go back soon but its just getting there, im still waiting to do my re-test as my ban is just over and the other halfs car struggles to get me across the road lol
will try and sort it out soon to go, everythings just money money money!!!!

Dave

Most reactions

Back